Sunday, July 15, 2012

Age

I saw a photo on 500px (a photo-sharing site like Flickr) this morning, entitled "old man with a pipe". It was very disturbing because the fellow looked younger than I do.

I know, I know. You are only as old as you feel. Well, first thing in the morning, I feel damn old. The photo didn't make me feel good at all.

I can only take heart in the fact that this old dog learns new tricks every day. Like yesterday, after changing my password for my Hotmail site using my laptop, I discovered that my iPad wouldn't open properly until I gave it my new Hotmail password. I gave it the password and it still wouldn't open.

Then, the old dog mentality saved me. It was as simple as "reboot, reboot, reboot'. Well, only one reboot was needed; then, it accepted the new password.  Seems that it had to 'forget' the old password before it would accept the new one.

So, what to do about the 'old man with a pipe' image? Simply, page on to the next image.

1 comment:

  1. Did the old man have some cosmetic surgery? In this day and age very stretched skin and big lips are usually artificial! You should try looking in a mirror with dimmed light. Remember candle light dinners are not really for romance! The lower light makes us all look younger! Oh- when do we stop calling ourselves middle aged and move on to being a senior! I am somewhat confused so I guess I will just say I am at the higher end of middle age!

    ReplyDelete