Friday, June 29, 2012

Canada D'eh

Officially, I suppose we're celebrating the anniversary of the confederation on the 1st of July.  When I was a kid, it was called Dominion Day.  But, since 1982, it has been deemed to be Canada Day.




Some noteworthy events have occurred on Canada Day.  For example, the first colour television transmission in Canada took place on July 1, 1966.  That was on Canada's 99th birthday.  We've certainly come a long way, technologically, since then.


But, to me, the most noteworthy event that occurred on a Canada Day happened just last year when my grand-daughter, Jillian, was born.  So, this year,Canada's 145th birthday, I'll be celebrating Jillian's first birthday with friends and family.  We may even wave some flags and shoot off some fireworks later on in the day, if I'm able to stay awake long enough.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful celebrations! Happy Birthday Canada and little Jillian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can stay awake long enough! Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete