Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Perfect Day

With sunny skies, low winds, and a high of 25, the weather was perfect today.  Totally to my liking, any way!  Early on, we drove over to the farmer's market to load up on more fresh produce and preserves.  I think I may have enough Bavarian relish and pickled beets in the basement larder now; well, maybe.


I was tempted to buy some containers of honey because the honey looked so good but I resisted the urge.  We still have lots from last year and really don't use much in our cooking.

And, tonight, we're off to Daquisto's for some fine dining.  It's my all-time favourite restaurant in the city.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been doing well in it's present location and the owners are closing it tomorrow.  It will be replaced by a Mexican food restaurant.  Too bad but this final visit will be a great way to end a perfect day.  Happiness is ...


1 comment: