Thursday, August 4, 2011

Almost Friday

It's taken a few days to get back into the swing of home life.  Cleaning and putting away stuff from the trip, tending to the flower containers and beds in our dry yard, picking up my new eye glasses, restocking the pantry, and other odd jobs have all kept me busy during the past few days.  Of course, there a million and one other things on the to-do list but those slowly get done (or not), depending on their importance.

Our heat wave continues here.  I didn't miss 'that' while we away.  Luckily, our high temperatures are nothing compared to those we've been hearing about in Texas and Arizona, where they are life threatening to some people.  Our long range forecast is starting to show a trend back to 'normal' temperatures.  Most people will welcome that and some rain.  There are actually wide cracks in our front and rear lawns right now.  Much too dry for my liking!  Our sump pump, which usually runs all summer, has been very quiet for several weeks now.

I'm looking forward to attending the closing night show at Celebrations this Saturday with Marg.  It's music of the Buddy Holly era and I've thoroughly enjoyed the times I've seen the show.  Happiness is ...

1 comment:

  1. Vacations are great but most of us need another vacation to rest from them!

    ReplyDelete