Wednesday, April 6, 2011

With a Little Help

Yesterday, I spent the morning trying to solve a problem with my email program, finally contacting the MTS technical services folk who, in a matter of a few minutes, straightened everything out on my desktop.  I, of course, then used my recollection of what the technician did to get Marg's laptop and my cell phone email systems up to speed also.

Later in the day, knowing my desktop PC was on its last legs, I reviewed all the laptops on sale in Winnipeg, boiling my choices down to the best two deals for the money.  With that information in hand, I asked my computer-literate son which of the two would he buy.  He reviewed both of them and suggested the one that I thought was the best deal.

There are so many problems in life that it's good to know you can sometimes turn to more knowledgeable people for their advice when you're uncertain about something.  And, of course, to be ready and willing to reciprocate, when and where you can.

1 comment:

  1. A problem solved by the right person does make life easier. Great that you have a techie in the family. Now you can take your laptop outside with your morning coffee and enjoy the best of two worlds.

    ReplyDelete