Thursday, April 28, 2011

Health

Doug Larson once said "life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon".  How true!  There's a lot to be said for eating your greens.  What I want to know is why everything I like is not especially good for me.  Oh, well ... back to the 'everything in moderation' cliche.

I was reminded quite recently that living healthy is sometimes not enough.  Sometimes, something happens and you get knocked on your ass.  Fortunately, there was help and I'm slowly recovering (I think).  Lesson learned?  Appreciate your health and take as good a care of yourself as you can.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. We can do our best but as always there are no guarantees in life even if we eat the right vegetables. Hope you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete