Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring is Here!

I know that now because, today, for the first time this year, I was able to sit out on my deck with a coffee and a book and enjoy the sunshine, wearing only a fleece for warmth.  Before that, I was out on the driveway, breaking up the remaining patches of ice.  Another sign of spring is the frequent sump pump action in the basement. sometimes referred to as "the water feature".  Hopefully, the snow will melt off all the flower beds soon , allowing the early spring blooms to appear.  Yes!

1 comment:

  1. The first outdoor coffee is the best. There is the feeling of many more to come. I have some spring blooms poking through the leaves on the beds. Great to be outdoors! Of course here today I had to wear a hat and mitts due to the cold wind.

    ReplyDelete