Monday, April 18, 2011

Out and About

Sunday, Marg and I joined her family in Portage la Prairie, about an hour west of us, to celebrate her brother-in-law's 50th birthday.  We met at Dick's Cafe for a special Chinese dinner.  I know; the name of the cafe doesn't match the type of food.  But, it was made by a Chinese cook, served by his wife, and tasted quite good.

This morning, I drove out to Carman with Holly for an appointment at the Carman Vet Clinic.  Holly needed some shots and a blood test for dog heartworm.  The test was negative so I'll be starting her on heartworm pills on June 1st.

On the way home, I visited with Denis and Gwen McClement.  It's been a few months since we last visited so it was good to see them again.  They're preparing to move into their new home in Carman this summer so they're starting to sort out their stuff.  What to keep and what to give away or sell is always difficult to decide.  I've 'been there, done that'.  And, I'm still doing more of it, nearly 2 years after leaving the Carman area.

This afternoon, I had other errands to run.  It seems there is always something to do.  It keeps me out of trouble (most of the time, anyways).  At least tonight, I don`t have to cook anything for supper.  There are leftovers from Saturday that just need reheating.  Come to think of it, I don`t have to make supper for tomorrow night either because Marg and I are off to another evening at Celebrations Dinner Theatre.

1 comment:

  1. On your jaunts are you taking your camera along? Glad Holly just needs precautionary meds! I think sorting through stuff is always an ongoing project. Every Spring brings the opportunity to purge. I need to start some purging. Enjoy your evening at Celebrations Dinner Theatre.

    ReplyDelete