Saturday, March 3, 2012

Marching Right Along

Every day, I think, 'I must write a blog post today'. But, obviously, it doesn't happen. Sometimes, I can't think of any subject worth writing about; other times, I'm 'too busy' (read 'I have other priorities'). And, of course, sometimes, I just lose interest in blogging. I suppose that this occasionally happens to even the most dedicated bloggers.

So, now, it's March 3rd. We've just had a bit of a snow storm and now the skies are once again sunny and full of ice crystals. And, it's cold (-14) here in the Peg. I'm sitting at the laptop, wondering when the fellow I hired to clear my driveway after each snow will do his job. I suppose he's both busy and tired, dealing with all his customers. I'm learning patience.

Today, we have to run some more errands, getting ready for our trip to Panama. Yesterday, we got some needed vaccinations and both of us have two sore shoulders. But, prevention of disease is better than dealing with disease. Next, we'll have to start packing our new suitcases.

Deciding what to take and what to leave behind is always a challenge. Typically, like most people, we tend to pack too much. We also have to stock up the larder for our live-in house and dog sitter. Sometimes, I think (actually, I know) it would be easier just to stay home and wait out the cold winter. Soon, it will be spring.

Every day now, I see the photos of other photographers on Flickr. Many shots are now appearing of their spring perennials. This wave of floral excess slowly moves northward from the southern USA. By the time that I post some of my spring flower photos, most viewers will be bored with such shots. It's the price of living in a northern climate. Not that I'd trade places with those southerners. I do love where I live. It makes me think of that old saying 'bloom where you are planted'.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. A trip to Panama. I do not have any postcards from there. Perhaps that will be changed in the near future? Hum! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know if and when you'll get a postcard from the Bug Doctor. Wait and see ...

    ReplyDelete