Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Bit of a Leap

Yes, 29 days to this February. According to Wikipedia, February 29th is a date that usually occurs every four years and is called leap day. This day is added to the calendar in leap years as a corrective measure because the earth does not orbit around the sun in precisely 365 days.

I think we have leap days just so that we can catch up on our "to do" lists.  Not that that works with me.  I probably need those days just to revise or update my lists (when I can find them). You know, to delete those things on the list that I don't even remember what they were or why I wanted to do them someday, maybe.  Personally, my "to do" lists would be better named "procrastination lists".

I think I'd be better off just listing the things I normally do every week.  Then, I could cheerfully check the items off every week and feel good.  "To do" lists are so depressing because they seem to only increase in length.

If you're reading this and smugly thinking you use a "to do" list and you get everything done, then let me know and I'll send you mine.  Maybe, because you're so organized, you can come to my place and work through my list. Tomorrow, being the 29th, might be a good day.


2 comments:

  1. Well what time do you want me to come and help with the list? Perhaps you should just limit your list to 3 items or less. Or start a "have finished" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was more thinking that I should call them procrastination lists as well ;)

    ReplyDelete