Saturday, March 31, 2012

Morning Routine

Mornings here begin as one might expect. Usually, I wake up in the middle of the night. One of the first things I do is make a cup of coffee on my Kierig and give it a 10 second 'nuke' in the microwave. I like my coffee hot. Then, it's over to the laptop to check what happened since I was last there ... on Facebook, my Flickr page, the weather forecast, on CBC news, and, of course, my email.

Usually, not much has happened in the intervening 4 or 5 hours since I was last there.  If there has been any personal email, I'll probably answer it right away. Then, I turn to Flickriver to run through the 500 latest photos posted there. Some mornings, there are many great images to look at. If someone's photo really interests me, I'll go to their Flickr page and look at others that that person has posted. Once in awhile, I know a certain photo will interest a friend and I'll send an email with the link to it to that person.

Lately, I've been disappointed in Flickriver. The 500 photos are supposed to be the most interesting posted on the previous day. It's not always true. Some days, like this morning, there's an abundance of what I consider poor images. I know literally thousands of images were posted on Flickr in the past 24 hours that were more interesting. But, I continue looking each day because, as I said, some days, there are many really great images selected.

When I've done all this, I'll probably head back to bed, read for a little while, and try to get back to sleep for another hour or two.

1 comment:

  1. Photos are such a joy to review. Sounds like a good activity. You have a similar sleep pattern to Adolph. He is up in the middle of the night too.

    ReplyDelete