Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reading

I have a confession to make. I love to read books. Although, now, I really enjoy mysteries, I've gone through many categories of books over my life. Adventure, science fiction, fantasy, historical novels, and biographies Occasionally, I will go back in time and read some classic book that I enjoyed many years ago.

Some authors are well worth reading, over and over again. "Age appears best in four things: old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read" Francis Bacon. Ones that come to mind are Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Rex Stout, and Orson Scott Card. Obviously, some books are very old, others less so.

I've got to go now. I have to finish a book by Ian Rankin that I'm reading. Happiness is ...

1 comment:

  1. Mysteries are one of my favourites too. I have read all of Agatha Christie's books and love P.D. James. I usually have a fiction and a non-fiction on the go! Books are our best friends!

    ReplyDelete