Saturday, October 8, 2011

Leaf by Leaf

After a short walk with the dogs last night, as we drove to a nearby Starbucks in downtown Charleswood, it was like driving through a blizzard of blowing leaves and dust, with a smattering of rain drops every few minutes.  Inside the store, all was calm, except for the occasional gust of wind and leaves against the windows.  Armed with a chai and pumpkin spice latte and decadent brownie and a cappuccino and a molasses-ginger cookie, we sat and enjoyed the atmosphere inside.  It was a good evening to be on the inside, looking out.

Later, while Marg enjoyed watching the Winnipeg Blue Bombers beat the Hamilton Tiger-cats 33-17, I surfed on my laptop, studying various photography subjects on the blogs of some exceptional good photographers.  One topic I researched was night-time photography.  I would like to take some better moon shots and to photograph the milky way.  I'll drive outside the glow of the city lights sometime soon, in the middle of the night, to capture these scenes.  Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll also be able to capture the aurora with my camera, with some leafless trees in the foreground.

2 comments:

  1. You should try our backyard for your nightshots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not wait to see your new adventure in photography.

    ReplyDelete