Friday, June 24, 2011

Six Months to Go

Yes, Christmas will be here soon.  And, no, I'm not ready.  However, I have some ideas for gifts for members of my close family.  If you're one of those people, you're probably wondering what your gift might be.  If you're one of them who doesn't read my blog, I will note that and act accordingly.

What did I do today, six months before Christmas?  I mowed the lawn.  We're supposed to be thankful for small mercies.  Fortunately, my lawn is relatively small and I'm really thankful for that on this hot and humid summer day.  I'm also thankful that mosquitoes are most active in the evenings on days like this.  Although one or two buzzed me, none took blood.  They might know my blood count is still a little low and they're looking for an easier meal.

What else?  Not much.  I'm starting supper now: caprese salad, mixed rice, and roasted chicken thighs with my special coating,  Sound good?  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are being creative. Your dinner will be a hit I am sure. Can smell the good cooking from here!

    ReplyDelete