Saturday, June 11, 2011

Deadlines Motivate

There's nothing like having a deadline to get me working, doing things needing being done.  Today, we're having guests for supper so I spent some time pruning a couple of run-away shrubs (now, I can get to the compost bin without beating my way through a jungle of branches!).  I also pulled out about a hundred raspberry suckers from the vegetable garden.  I may actually be able to plant some vegetables there this year (something that, hopefully, can compete with those raspberry suckers!).  I also found a few minutes to pass the vacuum cleaner over the carpeting and change my bedding.  Marg has been busy, too: taking her mutt to the vet for a followup, doing the laundry, pulling some weeds, and getting things ready for supper.  We're definitely on a roll right now, whittling down our to-do list.  I wonder what will motivate me tomorrow to keep going?  Maybe, I should just consider Sunday a day of rest?

1 comment:

  1. A day of rest sounds good! Guests coming are always a motivator for everyone. I find I am able to clean all my clutter corners!

    ReplyDelete