Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sick of Colds

It's been a rough couple of months for me and my colds.  It seems I'm in an endless cycle of colds and cold-related infections.  Maybe, my immune system needs a boost.  Maybe, too, at my age, my immune system is weakening?  In any case, I'll be going back to my neighbouring walk-in clinic this morning to get checked out again.  The latest?  Possibly a strep throat infection.  We'll see what the doctor says.

On a happier note, Margaret moved in with me on Tuesday.  While organizing our stuff, we are now revisiting all our 'old stuff' and seeing what else we can get rid of by taking it to the thrift store.  We've already taken one load there with my Escape and Goodwill came with a truck and took some of Marg's old furniture.  Some of Marg's friends also took away some larger items.  I, of course, being a bit of a 'pack rat', have a lot more small items to take to the Sally Ann.  It amazes me how many things I've collected over the years and no longer need or use.  Maybe, my unwanted stuff will find a good home somewhere else.

Yesterday, MTS hooked up Margaret's home theatre system and 50" plasma screen in the front room and installed a better router system for the home computers.  The movers kindly took away my old Sony 26" antique TV.  It weighed a ton and was extremely hard to move: it was literally a real back breaker.  Good riddance to it!  We still have two old, smaller TVs for the bedroom and the basement exercise area but they are still quite manageable.  We'll likely replace the bedroom TV with a cheap 32" flat screen so Marg can watch HD TV there when she wants.  It's hard to keep pace with our continually improving technology these days.  It's kind of funny but, with all the channels we have, I still mostly just watch the news and Food TV.

And the beat goes on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment