Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Candy Store for Cooks

It's actual slogan is "the candy store for grown-ups (and coffee people)". I've been visiting this store for about 30 years. The ownership has changed at least once but the goodies are still there.

First thing in the door, I grab a cart (always, even if I'm only going in for one thing). This day, I was going in to buy 3 or 4 ingredients for my own trail mix. That idea ended when I found one of their trail mixes (they had about a half dozen different trail mixes) that had everything I needed.


As I push my cart up and down the aisles of bulk bins, there's always something that catches my eye. Some items with eye appeal must be resisted. Too much sugar for me! However, they do sell some sugar-free items.

Other items include ingredients I'd like to try in my cooking. New spices top that list (although some people might argue that I already have too many spices at home).

Happiness is ...

1 comment: