Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wintry Walk

We drove out to Beaudry Provincial Park this afternoon. We almost turned back because the snow was falling so heavily in our area. But, we persevered and were glad we did because, once outside the city, we only had to contend with some ground drifting.

While Margaret took the dogs out on the trails, I took my camera into the woods. I got a decent shot of some hawthorn berries (posted to my Flickr page) and some shots of the new snow on the branches of bur oak trees along the first part of the trail.

I also took a shot of the woodland trail so I would remember what it looks like in winter.

Although the weather was mild, about 0 degrees C, it was still nippy because of the wind. I was quite happy to get back into my vehicle to await the return of Marg and the dogs.

1 comment:

  1. Winter shots are always beautiful. Getting out in the fresh air can be invigorating. And it helps the winter to pass with some enjoyment. Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete