Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's so cold here ...

... a brass monkey came to the door this morning, asking if he could borrow my soldering iron. -25C takes your breath away.

But, I plugged the car in early this morning so that I can get it started and make a grocery run this afternoon, maybe. I'm actually taking stock of the larder now to see if the trip is really necessary.

This weekend it may warm up to -7, permitting us to take the dogs for a long walk at Beaudry. The two dogs are not happy with the short evening walks they have been getting the last couple of days, especially Holly.

They get out in the backyard often, of course. That's a mixed blessing. They consider the rabbit droppings out there to be icy treats. Yuk!!!

1 comment:

  1. No matter how often the weather gets real cold, it is always amazing it is too cold for comfort. If anyone complains here, I will remind them they could be with my cousin Roy in Winnipeg!

    ReplyDelete