Friday, November 18, 2011

Thud!

That was the sound of winter, arriving here on the prairies. For the next 4 or 5 months, Winnipeg will be Winterpeg. I noticed the white stuff has covered the dandelions that never got sprayed. Maybe, I'll have another chance in the spring to deal with those weeds. For now, I'll just enjoy the season.

For the first time in my life, I've hired a fellow to clear my driveway and walk of snow. I have mixed feelings about that. In some ways, it's great. Shovelling or blowing snow in bad weather is hard on the system. But, I've also given up some independence. On the bright side, I'm helping someone who needs the extra income.

The dogs, so far at least, are enjoying winter. Holly especially likes winter. Sometimes, she can lie on a snow bank for hours without feeling the cold with her thick fur coat. And, regardless of the weather, she's always eager to go for a walk.

Happiness is ...


1 comment:

  1. Hiring someone is good! You can take some creative pictures while he works! We had some white stuff last week for a few minutes- fortunately it went away!

    ReplyDelete