Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Riding Shotgun

Holly persuaded me to take her for a drive to Carman yesterday. The 45 minute drive was great, with dry highway all the way. We stopped just before Carman, near where I used to live, by the bridge over the now frozen Boyne River. That gave Holly the chance to sniff the tracks left by deer, fox, and other creatures and leave some scents of her own.

In Carman, I made an appointment with the vet for Holly's booster shots for an hour later. Meanwhile, I went into town to shop at the Coop Food store, stocking up on some freshly baked breads for the home freezer. While there, I let it be known to one of the checkers I know that I was getting married in a couple of weeks. By now, I imagine most of Carman (at least those who know me there) is talking about the news. There are few secrets in a small prairie town. I also stopped at Knockabouts to visit with Karen, my guardian angel.

Back at the vets, Holly was examined, given her booster shots, pronounced healthy, and told to lose some weight. Then, the vet gave her a treat. What's wrong with this picture?

Knowing I had to tidy the kitchen and prepare supper, I headed back to Winnipeg. Happiness is ...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day! I am sure the news spread like a Prairie Wild Fire!

    ReplyDelete