Monday, October 16, 2023

A Work in Progress

 I suppose I could be called a work in progress because I'm not finished yet. Hopefully, I won't be for a few more years yet. It's kind of like our home, too. We're slowly getting our house in order. Looks like it'll be months before all's said and done.

Today, G and J came and took away one of the workbenches from the basement. We're now waiting for M and T to come and get theirs. I hope they do it soon. We have some great books to give to their kids too. 

Some of them I hate to give away but I have to face reality ... I'll probably never use them again myself. I also have some big ledger-style journal books that they can have so they can start writing down their memories for their kids when they have them. Boy, that makes me feel really old!

I discovered today from J and G that kids today cannot read cursive writing. They have to have things printed out in block lettering! What a crazy world they live in!

It may be many months yet before we can get the boxes stacked in our office/computer room emptied and get to all the stuff they contain, supposedly for 'temporary' storage. It's really frustrating knowing you have stuff you could use right now but cannot reach.

 


2 comments:

  1. The wait week be worth it! The renderings of the kitchen look fabulous! Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your reno is moving along. They have reintroduced cursive writing in schools in Ontario. Yay.

    ReplyDelete