Friday, July 15, 2016

Are You Successful?

Everyone seems to have something to say about success. Quotations about success abound in the literature and on the Web.  Albert Einstein said "if A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z ... (where) work is x ... y is play ... and z is keeping your mouth shut". Einstein often said he wished that he'd never talked about some of his theories.

Herbert Bayard Swope, a Pulitzer Prize laureate said "I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time".  I'll end this post with another quote.  This one of Henry David Thoreau: "success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it".


1 comment:

  1. Often many people judge others' success by how much money they make, expensive car and big house! If one feels good about life even without those things, it can be difficult when others around us are judging us. I find that many young people in my life are too caught up in the material things, forgetting that many areas of life make us successful. So what I find I do, is not tell everyone about my little successes and pick and choose who I trust to share life. I try to celebrate others' success too! Especially all the stuff! Good thoughts for the day. A large subject that so much can writtern about it!

    ReplyDelete