Thursday, August 7, 2014

Better Late than Never

Writing a blog post lately has seemed a chore. With a cold wet spring and now an unusually hot summer, there always seems to be something else that needs to be done (including a daily nap!). Photography leads the way. I've taken hundreds of images over the past month or so, some of which I've posted on my Flickr page.

Because I edit all my images in Photoshop Elements before I upload them to Flickr, that process often takes longer than the photography. The good thing is that I can sometimes enhance a mediocre image, minimizing the discards to the recycle bin. Others, I just toss, knowing they can't be salvaged.

Then, there's the time spent trying to identify a particular flower, weed or bird. I've dozens of great images, waiting in that category. I don't like to post an image unless I'm fairly sure I've correctly identified the subject. I spent a lot of time browsing online and in my reference books.

I also do get ideas for blog posts. I keep them in one of my Evernote folders. I have other folders for ideas for photography that I periodically review.

Some of my photos of family (my kids and their kids) are posted to my Google+ account that is only shared with family. I won't post these to Flickr for privacy reasons.

I won't get into the time involved with yardwork, cooking, grocery shopping, medical and dental appointments, or visiting family.

Nevertheless, I'm enjoying the summer. Happiness is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment