Friday, March 29, 2013

Lucky Me

My cousin Barb just posted on her blog about 'luck'.  See her blog at http://reflectivethoughtsbybarbara.blogspot.ca/.  The post was entitled 'What is luck?  Are you lucky or just hard working?'  Like most of her posts, it made me think of things and events in my own life.

Four years ago this month, I started this blog with a favourite quote:  "don't push the river … it flows on by itself … happiness is letting the happenings happen".  That was when the longest relationship in my life had recently ended.

One of the most important happenings that happened was the beginning of my friendship with Margaret, a woman who worked for me in the Research Section when I was City Entomologist.  Was it 'luck' that I moved into Winnipeg, less than a block from where Margaret lived?  Was it 'luck' that we both were walkers and dog lovers and met walking our mutts on a nearby trail in early March, 2010?  Was it 'luck' that we eventually married on 3 December 2011?

No, I don't think I was 'lucky'.  I think we were blessed.  The night before we were married, I included a quote in my blog post: "True love stories never have endings" (Richard Bach).

Happiness is ...

2 comments:

  1. Blessings come in many shapes, sizes and events. Perhaps you really were blessed to return to Winnipeg where life became a total new adventure!

    ReplyDelete