Saturday, November 10, 2012

And so it begins ...

Winter is here. As a Colorado Low moves into Manitoba, the first few cm's of snow are already on the ground. Today, the forecast says "Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 15 cm. Wind north-east 30 km/h, gusting to 50. High minus 2."

Tonight, the forecast is pretty much the same. Tomorrow, the snow will taper off to only a few cm's.

I thought I'd document this first winter storm with my camera. Yesterday, there was no snow. This morning, here's what it looked like, from my front door, looking across the street.


I'm expecting the snow to be at or above the back bumper of my Ford Escape by tomorrow afternoon. I'm also hoping that my snow removal company will clear the driveway by tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. The first snowfall is always exciting. After that it is just more snow! Perhaps a snowman or two with the grandchildren will make it fun or not?

    ReplyDelete