Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another Good Weekend

We've had wonderful weather this weekend. Sunny, light breezes, and 'normal'  temperatures. Yesterday, we went back to the local farmer's market and loaded up on fresh vegetables. Maybe enough for the coming week. We'll soon miss these visits for farm-fresh produce.

Later in the day, we headed out to Beaudry Provincial Park with the mutts. While Marg tired them out on a long walk, I took some photos of ripening hawthorn berries, something I've wanted to capture for several years now.


Today, I had more opportunities for photography there, making images of various weeds and wildflowers and other subjects near the bank of the Assiniboine River that flows through the park.


One of the flowers that I photographed today was a roadside aster. They are called smooth asters and they are quite pretty.


Next time I go there, I'd like to get some close-ups of these flowers. I think they'd look great in my perennial flower beds.


1 comment:

  1. What lovely photos! No wonder you love going to
    Beaudry! Yes I will miss the fresh produce from the farms, too!

    ReplyDelete