Wednesday, December 26, 2012

'Twas the day after Christmas ...

First, an addendum to the late house cleaners.  After waiting 2 hours for the cleaners, I called their office.  They told me I wasn't scheduled until the 27th.  This, after repeating twice before that I was scheduled for first thing in the morning on the 24th.  Well, as you might guess, that was the last dealings I will have with this company.  Their motto should be "incompetence reigns supreme"!  I then proceeded to start doing the vacuuming myself only to find they left the vacuum hose totally plugged up the last time they used it.  It took a half hour to clear after finally running hot water through the hose.  I was not a happy camper!

Christmas eve was spent at home, with Alaskan crab legs and bacon-wrapped scallops featuring high on the supper menu.  Margaret and I then exchanged gifts.

Christmas morning, we headed over to Josi's for a brunch prepared by her mom and her aunt.  More gift exchanging after that feast.  Then, home to pick up the dogs and off to Carman to pick up Aunt Lil and drive on to Poplar Point to have Christmas supper at Margaret's sister's place.  More feasting and gift exchanging.  After returning Aunt Lil to her Carman home, we headed back to our place for some needed R and R.  It had been a long but pleasant day.

Now, it is Boxing Day and 62% of Canadians are out shopping for bargains.  We are part of the 38% who refuse to be lured by so-called bargain sales.  Don't people realize that the biggest bargain is to spend no money?

Today, we rest. my only job is to make supper.  Today, it's plain and simple, Chinese comfort food.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the house is clean! Hope you enjoyed the last few days! Yes Boxing Day spent quietly at home is one of life's rare pleasures! Enjoy your Chinese food. We're enjoying left over turkey!

    ReplyDelete