Friday, September 14, 2012

Summer is Over!

This morning, over a cup of coffee, I checked the weather on-line. I discovered the end of summer.


Just as this temperature marked the beginning of spring, many months ago, it marks the end of summer now. Another degree or two lower and any remaining flowers in my flower beds will be frost-killed. I suppose I better pick my remaining tomatoes today.

The good thing about this crisp weather is that the weeds will stop growing and that I will only have to cut the grass (and weeds) one more time before I can store the mower away for the winter.

Yes, I know we'll have some warm weather yet and I will make the most of it. Maybe, later this morning, I'll take the mutts out to Beaudry again. They could care less about the weather conditions.



1 comment:

  1. It's true. There comes a point where we all have to accept the season has changed. Every time I eat outside, I consider the fact this may be the last time for the year. Thanksgiving weekend is my time to put away the outside furniture. Then I know summer is really over for good and the Fall is in full swing.

    ReplyDelete